Trouble in the Terraces of my mind

hey...me writing here is a hell of a lot cheaper than therapy...

Wednesday, April 27, 2005

I had a great time taking in the theater tonight. I went to see the taping of HBO's "One Night Stand" that had Kevin Brennin and Jim Norton. I gotta say both were fantastic. I was sitting in the balcony, but it was a pretty good seat and was able to hear everything perfectly. If you're not familiar with Jim Norton, he's the comic that's on the "Opie and Anthony" show, and his comedy style is....you ever had that friend you kept around because he was the one who pointed out the most negative and twisted (but usually funny) things about anything?? think that and times it by 10 and you have Jim Norton. The show should be on HBo in June, and if you see it, look for the Bald headed guy in the upper right balcony!!!

I realized how much I miss the "O&A" show and I HAVE to somehow get XM radio to hear them again!!! anyone care to donate to the cause?!?!?!? HAHAHAAHAHHAHAHA

When I got home, The documentary on the Ramones was showing on PBS. It wsa made a couple years ago, and it's probably the best documentary on a rock band I've ever seen (well, next to "this is Spinal Tap"!!!!). It really answered a lot of questions that surrounded the band and also really pointed out what was true about the band and what was myth. It still amazes me how a band that really didn't like each other was able to take simple riffs and noise and come up with some of rocks greatest songs. When I am bored, I like to pop in the Ramones greatest hits albums and it's music that makes one feel good with the punk/borderline pop songs that stick in your head all day

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home