Trouble in the Terraces of my mind

hey...me writing here is a hell of a lot cheaper than therapy...

Sunday, September 24, 2006

the suburbs...

I just wanted to point out a couple things I was thinking about today.

First, my cousin had his 30th birthday Friday night. It was a good time, where my sister made a rare appearance. I drank, had a good time, and didn’t’ have to help my cousin home since he was heated and sobered up after it was discovered his wife’s camera was missing. My sister met some people, and seemed to enjoy herself.

Now today I was out in the Island just for a drive and something I noticed pissed me off. It’s these guido wannabe jerkoffs who think that the Gotti kids’ look is “hot”. I’m talking about these kids who are dressed in all the designer stuff but made to look like it’s common clothes, with the spiked hair that looks like their uncle jacked off on them, and they had the stupid visors sideways on top and with designer sunglasses on, while it looks like they shape their eyebrows and possible wear makeup like the fags they are. They walk around like they are some gangsta ready to rumble, where they’d piss themselves if a regular guy got in their face. I never understood the mentality of Long Island people, and I probably never will. Most of them are OK, since they do travel to and from NYC for work, and that helps grounds them, but there are some out on the Island that are almost foreign to me. I was talking to someone from Jersey last week about this, and he noticed how Long Island people are just “different”. I honestly can’t say who’s better, both do seem different to me, but I find that the jersey people are more honest and know where they are in the world, where a lot of Long Island people seem to think they are “better” because their money (and probably themselves originally) comes from NYC. It’s such an odd thing. I bet some other cities have the same situation, so you may understand what I’m saying.

NOW BEFORE PEOPLE FORM LONG ISLAND READ THIS AND GO APESHIT ON ME, PUT IT THIS WAY….IF I TALK TO YOU, YOU’RE NOT A PROBLEM OUT THERE, IT’S THOSE STUPID GUIDO WANNABES YOU PROBABLY LIVE NEXT TO!!!!

BTW I might have a shot at winning a new Macbook. I entered a contest for one of 5 that the “Opie and Anthony” radio show are offering for the best listener-created promo. I made one and sent one in. Hope they at least like it, and hope that it wins!!

2 Comments:

  • At 11:54 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Had a great time at my party. Thanks for coming and keeping me from going apeshit. The camera's gone but I had a fun with people I care about and know care about me.
    As for those guido's hair, I swear these kids watch too much Dragon Ball Z.

     
  • At 12:35 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    haha... You're not the first one to notice this breed of Islander's. In fact there is a whole site designated to the topic. Check it out... you'll prolly enjoy it.

    http://www.getoffourisland.com/

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home