Trouble in the Terraces of my mind

hey...me writing here is a hell of a lot cheaper than therapy...

Friday, August 24, 2007

So after my blog last time....How do I top that?!?!?! Simple I don't. I'm just going to go back to the random bullshit I did before..so there

Saturday I am going on a little trip to Foxboro for the Red Bulls game. I'm going with the ESC on a bus, so it's going to be a lot of fun, and I'll probably not remember most of it. I always enjoyed going to Foxboro. It's a much less stressful trip (no real threat of getting jumped or into altercations up there), The stadium is fantastic to watch a soccer game in, and it's just a prettier drive to New England rather than the DC area. I'm looking forward to the trip. I”m glad it's on a Saturday since I then have Sunday to recover. There's no way I can do one of these trips on a Sunday and be up for work Monday.

Speaking of work. Next week's going to be a good week money-wise for me, since my co-workers not going to be in part of the week and I have to pick up some of the slack. Only thing is that Monday and Wednesday I am working 13 hours those days. Wednesday is also my Birthday, but I don't' mind working on my birthday. I didn't have anything planned to do that day anyway, so why not make a couple bucks. I still haven't asked for anything for my Birthday, and some have asked me what I want, but I really don't want anything. I do have to still figure out what to get my sister for her birthday (her's is on the 31st...we are 2 years, two days, and two minutes apart).

One more thing. Did you know that Al Sharpton and the N-word have some things in common? Before the obvious joke is made hear me out.
-Both were creations of the White man,
-Both are used as crutches by the black community and the White community can't stand hearing about either one at this point,
-Both are only empowered due to the media
-Both have gotten people fired over nothing
-Both hold the black community back from any progress they wish to achieve

I'm sure there are other similarities, but these are the ones I can think of at this time...

4 Comments:

  • At 7:20 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    To say that the black community are being held "back from making any progress they wish to achieve" by anyone or anything is totally racist. Argue that point.

    If he's so brilliant with race relations, why doesn't he post this stuff at work?

    Show us all how you feel, tough talker. Make some copies of this and post them at BoA.

     
  • At 7:45 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    It's not tough talk. You have made a decision and a generalization about someone without to which i responded to with a word i use to describe people who make such gross assumptions.

    Let me get this straight. A white person saying that someone within the black community is holding the community back is racist? How so? Because he is not the same color as the person he is talking about? Chris Rock has said worse. That is a double standard.

    Sharpton has done more to divide the races than to unite. Should people stand up for their communities? Yes, but not at the expense of others.

    And if he's so much of a white supremacist, as you claim, how do you explain the fact that I, his half Puerto Rican cousin, am so close to him? Doesn't being a supremacist mean that he would have nothing to do with me despite the fact we are blood?

    Gameboy

     
  • At 8:31 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Somehow I don't think he meant that the black community hasn't made ANY progress. Besides, you never said or wrote anything and had it misconstrewed by others? He's not perfect.

    how's this sound to you...you're right that I made an assumption. Never expected that huh? However, when it comes to family, i get protective when people say something that is out of line and i lead with my heart. Sometimes people, the both of us, need to ask questions of people rather than making assumptions.

     
  • At 8:33 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    By both of us and meant me and you Boa girl.

    Gameboy

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home