Trouble in the Terraces of my mind

hey...me writing here is a hell of a lot cheaper than therapy...

Thursday, August 16, 2007

This is a tad early, but this entry is about what happened not long after I posted last night I was about to go to bed, when someone Imed me. The person who Imed me was someone I was going out with a couple months ago, and in the end she lied to me and didn't' value me as much as I thought she did. She was also the “last straw” and led to me re-evaluating myself. So here's how it went:
Her: Hello
Me: What do you want
Me: You there?
Me (after a couple minutes of nothing): Well if you ain't talking now, c-ya
Her: Sorry I went to the bathroom
Me: why are you Iming me
her: What, I can't say hello?
Me: No you can't you lost the right to after what you did
Me: I want nothing to do with you
Her: Wow...ok
(She logs off)

I still don't get it. Why would I want to be friends with someone who wouldn't give me all that I want, and expect me to just compromise what I feel just to make her happy. This reminds me of what happened earlier this year. This one chick, who I was in love with and she made me feel things I have never felt before, emails me after almost a year of no contact about what I said/wrote about her. She read my shit and got upset, and she said some bullshit that she also saw a bitterness in me that she put there, and she is the only one who can get rid of it. So after a couple long emails of how she misses and cares about me, how what she did was a mistake, and how she wishes I was still in her life, I said simply let's start over. Not from where we left off, but from the start and rebuild what we had. And for the second time, she couldn't handle the idea and got scared of the idea that it could not work more than looking forward to what could work, also stating she wouldn't be able to give me all of her effort and her heart wouldn't be into it. So she again wanted me to be just friends with her, and again I had to say no, adding I never want to hear from her again since I hate the bullshit this all brings up. To this day, i will say she has kept her word and I haven't heard form her.

I'll be completely honest, I still miss her and all that from time to time, she made me feel good about myself and at the time we met and were together, I needed that. But at the same time I”m not going to sit here pining for her, what the fuck could I do? I am not going to beg for her back, seeing I know where I am not wanted. So I just have to deal with this and keep moving on. Occasionally her memories come up, but then again who hasn't have had something like this happen with an ex? But as well as the memories are, the other bad shit comes up and reminds me that what I decided was the right decision, both times. Do I know how she feels? I don't know or really care, considering she lied to me twice. I think she did and still do have strong feelings for me, but she had a self-sabotaging attitude that seemed to always try to make this all fall apart from the start. But oh well, she's the past and I am not going to compromise me to make other happy. I need to be satisfied and happy first, or at the same level she is happy.

6 Comments:

  • At 2:46 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    You should be ashamed of yourself. You know damn well that little girl never lied to you. She was honest and upfront with you every step of the way. And while she gave her word to never contact you again,I never made that same promise cupcake.I'll probably catch holy hell from her for this post but I for one will not stand by and watch you lie about my best friend. self sabotaging?? Ask your man friends what happens when you get saddled with a woman who is going through a load of crap in her life that makes her unhappy. As a gay man, do I really need to explain to the hetero world that that is a BAD thing? How in the world could she make you happy if she wasn't happy herself? She knew this and cared enough about you to not just watch you walk away once but twice.I know because I was there instead of you. For someone who was in love, you sure walked fast, didn't you? And yes we both still read your blog. Where I find you quite amusing MOST of the time, she reads it because it's the only way to see how you're still doing. She is still a smidge pathetic when it comes to you. Why she cares, only God knows. And in my opinion, after the way you have manipulated the truth, you don't deserve her anyway. Oh and so it doesn't stay anonymous, this is Dan.

     
  • At 10:40 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Dan, if you read Pete's blog you know he's screwy when it comes to girls. Your friend is better off without him.

    I hope he grows up someday.

     
  • At 9:56 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    OK ok ok.

    First off to Also Gave Him A Chance, you don't know what happened with the 1st relationship so back off. if you got something to say don't be so ambiguous and back up what you say or just be a nice person and shut up.

    To Dan. You were there for her and guess what, I was there for him. Through both times with your "friend". When she needed space he gave her space. When she needed him here he was there. He was a shoulder to cry on and someone to talk to. And she "let you walk away not once, but twice"? WTF???? When someone (your friend)says "let's be friends" not once but TWICE then all bets are off. She knew his feelings for her and she STILL did the "let's be friends" thing. You might think it was easier for her to let him down with that line, but let's be real, if she cared about him like you say then she wouldn't have done that to him again. To say the line once is bad. To go back in and rip someone's heart out again? That's cruel. Your right he doesn't deserve her. He deserves better.

    Gameboy

     
  • At 8:40 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    To, also gave him a chance said... Hey just shut the fuck up. Your an annoying cunt who just loves drama. And it's so obvious who u r. You and Pete never had a relationship because you were too busy dreading on your past.

    To Dan. I like your friend eventhough I don't know her. I think she has been hurt as much as Pete. The only thing I can say is that from a person looking from the outside in, I see a lot of hurt, pride and confusion. I think that both Pete and her still love each other. Their hearts are still beating for each other and the sad part is that they themselves are not giving themselves a chance. I can't say more. I was not there when everything went down and I don't know her in person. All I have heard is that she was a really nice girl who could bring a smile to your face anytime. And sunshine when needed. And to have a friend like you who stands up for her and defends her, speaks highly of her. All my respects to your friend Dan and to you Pete. I just hope that you both give each other the chance that from what I read, seems it is so much needed.

     
  • At 9:25 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Letty-

    Classy.

     
  • At 9:57 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    also gave him a chance said...

    Yup, you know it. Now go do us all a favor shoot yourself =D

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home